Chosen by: Kerry
Location: Dixie's on Grand in St. Paul
Everyone was able to make it tonight! Kerry also brought her sister, Kate, who is staying with them for the summer. We had two other book club debuts!! Ryan brought her new little member, Corbynn Elizabeth who has a crazy head of long blondish hair with red tips! Adorable! Carolyn also brought her new bundle, Tessa Ann who also has blond blond hair! Both babies are healthy and doing well and the mommies look great! I was a bit late because a tree fell on my house today. While I was feeding the kids dinner I heard a whoosh and the front windows were a blur of green. Whoops. Matt was cutting the tree away from the house and I left the girls with our neighbor lady and they all just sat and watched. We talked a lot about politics, Paris Hilton, global warming and whatever other current events there were. It was so fun!
This book was outstanding! I loved it from the first sentence to the last! It was a common theme, we all thought it was great. It is definitely at the top of my list and may be my favorite book club book thus far. It was something I normally wouldn't pick up, but so glad I did. It was centered around a traveling circus in the 1940's and about one man's experience with the performers, a lady love, and the animals....namely, an lovely elephant named Rosie. The book begins as this man is living out his days in a nursing home, lonely and depressed. The story is told through his flashbacks and the ending is one of my favorite endings ever, the other girls concur. I am normally hard on endings, because I except a lot and I rush through them, but with this one, I read slowly and deliberately. I didn't want it to end, but I was very happy with the outcome. Thanks Kerry for the great choice!!
No comments:
Post a Comment