Monday, February 15, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife - June 28th 2006

The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Chosen by: Carolyn
Location: The Red Stone and then Let's Dish in Eden Prairie

We were all there tonight except Angie. She is studying for her LICSW exam.

Dinner was really wonderful - we all got salads. Kerry had a bit too much wine and was a very happy and chatty gal tonight. I'm still pregnant but almost done. One month to go.

The book was excellent and I think all of us really liked it. This is a love story between a man with some genetic disorder that makes him time travel and a woman who meets him as a girl and grows up into an artist, loving him all the while. It was unique and complex and hard to keep things straight. Although depressing and emotional, it was inspiring and beautiful as well.

Let's Dish was a great experience! I made 5 meals, splitting them in 1/2 to store. All the girls gave me some food as well, for a baby gift. How thoughtful and perfect for someone going into a 2 child life. Who is going to have time to cook? Matt and I now have a freezer full of gourmet, ready to cook dishes! I will definitely do Let's Dish again.

Some of us went for coffee at the neighboring Starbuck's afterward to chat and solve the world's problems as usual. Good friends are good to have.


No comments:

Post a Comment