Chosen by: Shelley
Location: Shelley's house in Roseville
We met at my house and it was a gorgeous Indian summer night, so we had it on the deck. We did it pot luck style and had a great turn out. A new member came tonight, my best friend since kindergarten, Angie G. It's about time she joined ;o) She brought her brand new yellow lab puppy Gypsy who is just too darn adorable. We were ALL there tonight so the conversation was great! It was pretty amazing to look around and see all the faces of the women I call my friends, laughing, talking and enjoying the evening. I was happy. I really hope this club continues until we are all old and gray - and then some.
The book was a quick read and most of us finished it.
"The queen, for her part, is the unifying force of the community; if she is removed from the hive, the workers very quickly sense her absence. After a few hours, or even less, they show unmistakable signs of queenlessness."
Set in the the 1960's during the civil rights movement, a 14 year old white girl and her nanny run away from her neglectful and abusive father and find themselves staying with a black family of women, the calendar sisters (May, June and August) in South Carolina. It is heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.
News this month: Ryan is pregnant and due in April! Yeah Ryan!
I am pregnant and due in May!! Finally! I couldn't be more excited.
Carolyn is 5 months along and looks great!
No comments:
Post a Comment