We read Ripley Underground by Patricia Highsmith
Chosen by: Shelley
Location: Shelley's apartment on Grand Ave.
Our first meeting. I was so excited. I'd been wanting to get a book club together for a while and as luck would have it, 3 of my friends were very interested. We snacked on some appetizers and drank some wine, had the lights low with soft music in the background. We thought we were pretty cool. The original members: Shelley, Ryan, Jessica T. and Carolyn. Ryan unfortunately was sick that night, so just the 3 of us met. The book was the pre-Talented Mr. Ripley novel about the sinister character, Mr. Ripley. He is always trying to do good, but had an uncontrollable evil streak. He gets into a lot of bad situations and his way out of them usually consists of murder. I had a list of discussion questions that we went through and it was a lot of fun dissecting the book. Although the book kept you on your toes and was exciting, it wasn't one that any of us would recommend. Poor Mr. Ripley. I really hope we continue what we've started here. What a great excuse to get together with friends, drink wine and eat yummy food with fabulous women.
No comments:
Post a Comment