Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lolita - Summer 2001

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Chosen by: Shelley
Location: Shelley's on Grand Ave.

We met at my apt. on Grand Ave, still there. We are in the process of buying a house, hopefully we are able to move soon, although I will really really miss Grand Ave living. I was the only one to finish the book. I felt it was a great book but the discussion was very limited since no one else finished it. It is quite disturbing and uncomfortable, but I guess that made it intriguing for me. It is a classic of course with a few movie versions to go along with it. The main character is a middle aged man who stays w/ a family. Included in this family is a preteen daughter whom he starts to fantasize about and seriously flirt with. Wrong and disturbing, yes. As usual though, it was a good time and I'm so glad we are trying to keep up with our meetings. Sometimes it has been difficult to schedule everyone, but we seem to be able to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment